GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

E3 Spark Plugs

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by z71Hauler, Mar 17, 2010.

1. z71Hauler

z71Hauler New Member

Its time to change the sprk plugs on the truck and was wondering if anyone has used the E3 Spark plugs. I've always been a believer of sticking to O.E. parts, but I really like this concept. Thanks for the help.
  2. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike New Member

its a gimmick they still only have 1 spark. their supposed to last longer because when 1 of the tangs goes bad it has 2 more but by that time the electrode is usually shot

go w/ the delco's
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator

x2 On the E-3 plugs being a Gimmick,...A/C Delco Iridium Spark Plugs are what....the Vortec engines run Better on!!!
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  4. Big_Ben

Big_Ben New Member

X3 on using the Delco plugs... changed mine two days ago and have noticed a difference already. (Previous plugs in engine were NGK)
  5. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie New Member

Ive always usedBosch Platinum 4's and they work great but ive always heard that for vortecs, ac delco's are the only way to go. Is this true? Should i stick with my bosch's or go to delco's?
  6. jt_5.7

jt_5.7 New Member

bosch and NGK are the best plugs to use case closed
  7. z71Hauler

z71Hauler New Member

I have nothing but bad experiences with Bosch spark plugs. I have techs in the shop that refuse to install them. The E-3 looked apealing, but I'm sticking to A/C Delco. Thanks for the input guys.
  8. k.daddy1

k.daddy1 New Member

NGK and Bosch are great for rice burners and foreign jobs, but I have had too many people bring there vehicles back because of miss fire codes in the computers from NGK/Bosch plugs. I won't put anything other than OEM plugs in vehicles at the shop. Warranty work cost too much and too much of a hastle to exchange plugs. GM=AC Delco!
  9. greenbastard

greenbastard New Member

i tried bosch platinum 4 plugs in my rhd crx and i actually lost performance and fuel economy(bigtime i swear it thought it was a v8 instead of a 4cyl for how much fuel it used) also it kept popping off my leads right off the plugs and my check engine light came on a week later
  10. vncj96

vncj96 New Member

your 95 doesnt have the vortec so whatever you prefer but yes the vortec motors are extremely picky about what gives them a spark, stick with the OE