1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

E3 Spark Plugs

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Clint16, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Clint16

Clint16 New Member

Well its about time for new spark plugs in the chev, are the E3 spark plugs all what there cracked up to be? worth it? anyone have expierence with them?, they claim to be awesome. Thanks!
  2. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It's all marketing hype. Your truck was made with AC Delco, you should go back with AC Delco... Not Bosch, not E3... Delco plugs were made for your truck.
  3. Asphalt Animal

Asphalt Animal New Member 100 Posts

AC's have always worked best for me too. I tried Bosch plugs years ago and pulled them out hours later and tossed them! Wasn't even worth my time to return them.

If they have the Rapid Fire plugs available for your year, get those!
    *they were a modified design plug w/ a tapers electrode and ground strap. Made my old Pontiac run smoother, more responsive too. Depending on what plugs came in your truck, and whether they still make them -- if they do, but them!*
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  4. Clint16

Clint16 New Member

Thanks for the info guys! I thought it was a little too much to be all true .im glad i know what to get now. Cheers!
  5. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Glad to help save you a few bucks and probably some frustration!
  6. Goldie

Goldie New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I ran a set of E3's in my 07 4.3L and they performed as advertised. However, after 20,000+ miles they started to cause the engine to misfire. I went back to OEM plugs and haven't had a problem. I can't recommend the E3's.
  7. osgprometheus

osgprometheus New Member 100 Posts

Here is my theory. Just a theory..

E3, Split Fire, Quadra Fire, ect...

They are all the same. Look at electricity. It takes the path of least resistance. Hence... They may work great in the beginning, but after they start to wear, they will take the most worn easiest path. Fire to 1 spot. Not multiple. Causing a weak fire, or missfire.

IMO
  8. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS New Member 100 Posts

no good.. stick with stock or NGK's... these things are garbage... have seen sooooo many people have problems after installing these plugs - and once they switched back, problems solved...
  9. cedicol

cedicol New Member

AC Delco platinum is the only spark plug i want in my truck. Her in Belgium we drive on LPG en therfor you need the platinum.
  10. Clint16

Clint16 New Member

wow it sure is amazing how a product can be so troublesome and garbage after their so called "amazing", thanks a lot for the info!