Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

E3 Spark Plugs

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Clint16, Apr 12, 2012.

1. cedicol

cedicol Member

They have ther qualitys i guess but call me old faschioned, i prefer the old school stuff rather than the new WONDER things. A good spark plug then is still a good one today. [FONT=arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

2. Asphalt Animal

Asphalt Animal Rockstar 100 Posts

Electricity takes the path of least resistance, maybe once in a while it will jump around between the other electrodes, but I bet you'd usually find it hitting the same a majority of the time. So why not use the plugs that the engine was engineered around to begin with? After all, AC Delco has had a good rep. for making damn good plugs; they're proven to work!

3. lowpost

lowpost New Member

Are the NGK's actually the OEM plugs for 01' and 02'? According to Haynes manuals this is what they call for....any chance they got it wrong? I think I pulled out AC's from whomever did the previous tune-up, but they must either not know about the Haynes recommendation or just know better from experience. 100% of the guys at the AA parts where shocked to see this information in the Haynes manual regarding NGK's for a big American V8, vs. an import.

4. Clint16

Clint16 Member

Just was watching Stacy David's Gears and he actually did a electric test and you could clearly see the electricity going to all the points on the diamond shaped end of the E3, he also showed it sparking in a combustion chamber, they look great hahah but like everyone said they are not wat your vehicle is made to use,

5. lowpost

lowpost New Member

Also checked with my dealer's part counter and he said they only use AC Delco's in all those years for Tahoe, S10, 1500's etc.

6. cedicol

cedicol Member

Did the show it as well after 5K+ mil.? Shure when the are brand new they will spark like they have to, but after a while they will loos ther magic.

7. Clint16

Clint16 Member

My thoughts exactly!