1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

e85 flex fuel

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by obama1, Jan 14, 2010.

1. obama1

obama1 New Member

hello people i have a 2007 ltz sub with a k&n intake,corsa exhaust, 20'kmd rockstar rims, and the superchip. just so you know:great:. but really how does the truck run with the e85 ethanol, compared to reg gas.

2. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've never used e-85 but i have heard you get less mpg's and you lose some performance. Keep in mind this is what i've heard and have never used it so hopefully someone can give you first hand experience.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

You do lose H/P and mileage, but the cost is alot less per gallon. Ive only seen one e85 station and it was about .60cents a gollon less than regular unleaded.

4. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

Actually you make more power on E85. Its not much, but its probably just as much as adding an air intake or exhaust! I've ran it, didn't notice any difference other than crappy fuel mileage. Last time I ran it I got 9mpg, usually get 12.

http://www.gmaltfuel.com/silverado-e85.html Click on the specifications tab. The 5.3 gets 11 more hp and 12 ft/lbs on e85.

5. obama1

obama1 New Member

thanks alot , im going to leave flex fuel right where i had it, at the gas station, LOL:lol:

6. obama1

obama1 New Member

love the truck, are those rockstars. Have to send u my truck pics

7. scrappiedew1

scrappiedew1 Rockstar

i have a company truck that uses e85 the octane is 100 it runs good and no problem with power but your milage will drop about 20 percent but it si about 50 to 55 cents a gallon up here in minnesota cheaper so it is a trade off

8. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've got an '01 S10 that has a four cylinder and jsut so happens to run on E85. Turns out, it has never run on E85 before and its recommended that you don't put mix the fuels, putting in 1 for 1 tank, and then doing the other for the next tank. domes something to the engine. So make sure you know what you want to do before you pcik a fuel. E85 does affect the mileage a little, but not the power. At least, not enough to notice. Hope that helps