1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

E85 Users - State by State list of e85 Pumps

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by AzDragonLord, Jan 25, 2011.

1. AzDragonLord

AzDragonLord New Member

For those who just ain't convinced yet: even with a 15% drop in MPG (versus gasoline), E85 is still a better choice for America because it's locally-made and burns much cleaner.

Ethanol as E85 is the only Alternative fuel where Americans in over 1688 Cities actually have a CHOICE at the pump. E85 ethanol competing against gasoline brings competition lowering fuel costs for all Americans.

Visit this site and check out current E85 price trends by state, verify or rebuke E85 rumors, check fuel cost-per-mile, review and share prices at local stations, swap stories and more. I'm not affiliated...just a fan!
  2. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

Agreed, but my closest E-85 station is still 128 miles away. It won't pencil out until they put one within 20 miles, & then it would be a "breakeven" scenario due to what I would burn for the round trip to fill up, & that would still be wasting fuel just to be buying E-85.. I wish just 1 or 2 stations in each town would devote 1 pump out of their 6 or 9 available to E-85. That would get the ball rolling....
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

come to california. the regular gas is at 10% ethanol still paying 3.35/gallon, while getting worse fuel economy, and not running as well. As well as causing the price of anything corn related to go way up. Also E85 is only cheaper because of government subsidies. so not only do I pay Thousands (yes thousands) of dollars a year in gas I get to pay for others gas as well. sounds great to me. Why do they need to badge vehicles as flex fuel engines when they stick all that ethanol in everyones engines.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Ok is E85 15% ethanol or 85%. that would answer my ethanol in non e-85 vehicles. the other points still stand
  4. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside New Member

e85 is 85% ethanol, here in KS most of the stations "contain up to 15% ethanol" for 2.93/gal. the closest e85 station 30 mins away, and I get around 7 mpg as it is so thats way out of the question. but if they start an e85 station here in town I will be switching either the truck or my alero over to e85. cuz who doesnt like cheap race fuel?
  5. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 1000 Posts

I have never seen a gas station that sells E85 fuel (and I'm always looking). Either it just is not very popular in Texas or it's pretty rare everywhere.
  6. donl

donl New Member

I never burn anything with ethanol in it with either of my vehicles. More government waste with all their subsidy crap.