1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

early year H2

Discussion in 'Hummer Forum' started by lancer, Aug 20, 2011.

1. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

hey guys i've always wanted an H2 and now i'm really thinking of selling my silverado and buying a late 2000's H2. is there a year thats better than another? i'm looking at 2002-2005 model.......

thanks for any help info guys

Andy
  2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Me too! They've getting better in price lately. I'm also curious about this.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

A friend is looking for the SUT H2 I see some nice ones going for about $18-26 around here...
  4. lancer

i've found several around $15-$20. some have alot of miles but i'm not too worried about miles since it won't be a daily driver.....
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Most of them were pricier when they came out, so they tended to be taken care of better, so the miles wouldn't bother me.

I'm not sure of any model year differences that would keep me away from any of them.
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Have you ever driven one?I think there cool looking but I don't like driving in them. With there short roofs I feel to closed in. Just me.
  7. lancer

no i haven't drove one. i've been trying to find one on a lot around here to drive and see if i actually want one.
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

We put a few 6" lift kits on them with 37"-38" tires. I didn't like the way they drove lifted, I think they were scary. With the lift and short wheel base I think they felt like they were going to roll in a corner. I didn't feel like I was in control.