1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

EARTHQUAKE! 5.8 Virginia Earthquake - All our Northeast members ok?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 23, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just going through the reports on the earthquake in the Northeast, looks like it's outside of Richmond, VA. All the members of this site ok? Check in and let us know how big of a deal this is.
  2. Falcone

Falcone Rockstar 100 Posts

supposedly the quake was felt up here in Toronto, Ontario. But I didn't feel anything as I was driving.
  3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Down in Charlotte I know many ppl that felt it but I was outside working and I never felt anything, it did tip over one of my buddies lawn chair though :shocked:
  4. groceryman

groceryman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Not to bad here my wifes school had to evacuate and the windows rattled a little but all is good
  5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I didn't feel anything here in NJ though a few of my buddies in town swore they felt something:neutral:
  6. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

We felt in at the plant. My office is on the second floor and we felt some movement but not anything serious. Several people thought it might be a semi outside or the fire water pump kicking on. Reports from other buildings, the lack of a truck any where near us, and the fact that the fire water pump does not shake the building led us to conclude it was an earthquake. One of the guys in the office got on the internet and determined that there had been a quake in Virginia about 5 to 10 minutes earlier.

The plant is located just south of the NC - SC border. Not much to get excited about - as a student at USC-University of South Carolina - the upper deck in the football stadium use to move a hell of a lot more than what I felt today......though I was sober today!
  7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm 70 or so miles north, did feel the house vibrate a little. Not a huge deal but enough for me to go wtf was that? and then walk outside and look around in the sky for the plane crash!
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've been seeing this around the social media sites for the last 12 hours or so.

2011-va-earthquake-we-will-rebuild-east-coast-damage.jpg
  9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i didnt feel a thing here in VB, my wife said she felt a bit of a shake tho.

Alex
  10. drillbit26

drillbit26 Rockstar 100 Posts

Im about 4 hours away from where this originated and we felt it. Lived here all my life and this was a first. kinda wild.