EBAY SUCKS!!!!! Do not buy from Sprinter91801

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by blackbenz300e, Dec 29, 2010.

1. blackbenz300e

blackbenz300e New Member

I recently bought some headlights, LED bumper lights and side markers for ebay and it was a freakin disaster. First it took two weeks to get the damn things and then once i got them the headlights didnt fit at all and while i was tryin to put them two of the plastic pieces snapped off. Then the LED bumper lights are so dim they are useless. im thinking since the plastic pieces snapped they arent going to let me return them either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360329322809&viewitem=
  2. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member

Which plastic did u snap ???

Just return them after an e-mail saying thats how they came ????
  3. blackbenz300e

blackbenz300e New Member

i cant figure out how to get intouch with them, there FAQ page says send them an Ebay message but i cant find out where to do that.
  4. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  5. stephan

stephan New Member

Why didn't they fit? Were they made for your rig, or did you order the wrong ones?
  6. Metaluzc

Metaluzc New Member

Click on the seller's name, click "contact member", it will take you to his FAQ section, click "find answers", once on that page you should just lick on the "contact seller" in the lower left corner. This will take you to where you can send an e-mail. Here is his return policy btw;

Customers are required to provide pictures of concerns in order to determine if they are eligible to receive return prepaid shipping postage in any cases. If a buyer is not able to provide pictures, he or she will be responsible for return shipping costs.
    Damaged item, Wrong item , Not fitting, Lost item Issues
    - Customers need to provide pictures to proof wrong or damaged item, we will send out UPS pre-paid return shipping label to have the item back. Once the item is returned, we will replace it.
    (We need the items return before we send out repalcement)

Please inspect and hand-fit all items by the time it arrive. Customer MUST contact us within 7 days after the date of package arrived via email for all claims of shipment damage, defects, missing parts, or dissatisfy. No claims will be accepted after 7 days.

Lost in transit items: Please allow 7 business days for carriers to process claim. We will only reship when we have received confirmation of approval from carrier.
  7. blackbenz300e

blackbenz300e New Member

I bought the right ones, they were designed for my truck but they stick out about 3-4 inches past the grill as if if my truck just saw the virgin mary and has hue bug eyes!
  8. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member

I dont know man, but it shure sounds your doing/did something wrong ... i mean 3 - 4 ",,WTF. Did u take the old ones off..lol ?!

What year is your truck ??
  9. blackbenz300e

blackbenz300e New Member

My truck is a 97, and yes i took the old ones off and even had my neighbor who is a mechanic come give it a try and he conceded as well with the conclusion that they were either defective or just very poorly designed.
  10. stephan

stephan New Member

What is defective about them that does not allow them to fit your truck? It's beginning to sound like they sent you the wrong ones rather than just a simple "fitment" problem. Check your order numbers & make sure what numbers you ordered are the same as what they sent you. Whatever the case use Metalutzs post above & send them back. Explain that you also had your mechanic look at them & he concurred with your asessment that they're a POS.
  11. blackbenz300e

blackbenz300e New Member

You know, i never took a picture of them when i had them on. Now that you say that i wish i had because it did look kind of funny.
  12. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member

Don't take this the wrong way.....

This why I don't recommend ebay unless you are absolutely sure of what your buying. I prefer to buy from local shops..one you keep money in your community second if something doesn't fit you have an actual person to talk to.

You might pay a few extra bucks but its worth it when you have to send stuff back etc....

Plus who wants to put cheap stuff on your rig anyway.:glasses:

Not that all ebay stuff is cheap quality but most is I believe when it comes to aftermarket stuff.
  13. blackbenz300e

blackbenz300e New Member

sstoner, i completely agree with you. i guess i had a momentary lapse of judgment. i then went out and bought new headlights from a local shop and you are correct, they fit and look exactly like they should.
  14. Tony Arms

Tony Arms New Member

Ebay protects it's buyers. If you have a problem with the seller, open a case with ebay. You will get results. It might cost you return shipping but you will get your full payment back.
  15. BravoGolfTango

BravoGolfTango New Member

That sucks, I've always had good luck on for car parts, just be sure and checkout their contact info, return policy, ratings, blah blah blah! Worst thing I've done was bought a watch for $1.95 with $24.00 in shipping from Hong Kong, lol was a good seller and a fine looking automatic chronograph watch, but the self-winder was pretty much crap, you could rotate it and watch it stick Vs. a quality watch like Citizen, Seiko, etc. Lesson learned.
  16. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 New Member

It's not That aftermarket or Ebay sucks. Most of us have aftermarket items on our rigs. Plus Ebay does have access to things you won't find at your local places. It still comes down to watching what and who you buy from as there are mistakes made and bad deals at local shops and on line. Also asking questions before you buy and before you (try to/or) install your new parts.
  17. racekid91

racekid91 New Member

I bought my headlights off ebay. I've had nothing but GREAT luck with them. They fit great, everything went on smooth, and I got everything on time.

But I'd rather buy something in person, than order it.