Edelbrock shocks?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by thekingsphance, Nov 15, 2008.

1. thekingsphance

thekingsphance New Member

Hello to all suspension gurus...I'm looking at buying some Edelbrock shocks that cost about a hundred bucks a piece. They look pretty appealing but does anyone know or heard if it's just smoke and mirrors? Or are they actually a pretty good quality product that holds true to their word? Thak you much for any suggestions you might have for me.
  2. retired

retired New Member

if there the adjustablle shocks, there pretty good.
  3. sheep

sheep New Member

Edelbrock anything you will probably be pleased with, great company been around for a long time
  4. Bbad

Bbad New Member

you get what you pay for pretty much if i go with a lift on my truck i would want the edelbrock shocks on my truck
  5. Never Enough

Never Enough New Member

They are good shocks. I personally prefer Bilsteins, but in the end its up to you.
  6. sheep

sheep New Member

bilsteins i have heard are awesome too
  7. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member

edelbrock is good stuff, but for that money Bilstein 5100 or 5150 is the way to go.
  8. Sawfish

Sawfish New Member

I have had the Edelbrocks on my 1993 4x4 Suburban for three years. They are a heck of a lot better than the Ranchos they replaced. Better ride, and good off road control.
  9. vncj96

vncj96 New Member

GM uses bilstien for factory use for a reason, go with those.
  10. mtbob

mtbob New Member

Put them on my 89 3/4T Suburban as soon as they came out. They did what Vic said they would. Ended all that bobbing that you get over dips with the Suburban and handles much better as well
  11. Never Enough

Never Enough New Member

I wonder who makes their shocks for them....you know they're just private labeled as Edelbrock doesnt make them themselves....