1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Edelbrock Torker

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by koschnell, Mar 14, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. koschnell

koschnell New Member

I bought 1983 GMC Seirra with 305 ci with a TH 700 and 46,000 original miles. I am putting headers, dual exhaust on also have an edelbrock torker. I was going to use the stock carb (Rochester). Can anyone give me advice as to how well this might work. I am looking to use this to tow a boat or camp trailer.

Thanks
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The Torker is a single plane manifold. Not too good on the low end. I don't think you'll be very happy with this manifold. The Q-Jet is designed for a dual plane manifold although it would probably work on a Torker with an adapter.
  3. koschnell

koschnell New Member

What kind of an adaptor are you talking about
  4. Jimmiee

The Q Jet is a spread bore. It has small primaries and huge secondaries. In order to fit the Torker there's an adapter you'll need. Check Summit or Edlebrock sites and you'll see it.
  5. koschnell

koschnell New Member

What manifold would you suggest
  6. Jimmiee

I have always liked the performer series Edlebrock manifolds. They have good low end torque.
  7. koschnell

koschnell New Member

This will work well with stock carb
  8. Jimmiee

Yep they are designed for that carb which buy the way is the most efficient carb ever made. You have the small primaries for economy and big secondaries that will drink gasoline. <G>
  9. koschnell

koschnell New Member

Thanks, I guess i should have done a little more homework before buying my manifold. Should be able to sell it for what I bought it for.

Thanks again for the info