1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

EFI Live Flash Scan vs. Hypertech Hyperpac

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by csm, Jun 3, 2011.

1. csm

csm New Member

I'm looking for a device that will allow me to capture performace data on my truck before and after modifications. I'm especially interested in tracking horsepower, fuel economy, 0-60 times, etc. Most of the devices on the market are strictly designed to perform tuning functions - I haven't found many that simply record performance results.

So far, I've come across the EFI Live Flash Scan V2 and the Hypertech Hyperpac. Has anyone had experience with these devices - perhaps both to provide a comparison? Pros/cons for each? Are there other devices that perform these functions?
  2. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member

EFI Live or HP tuners. Most tuning shops use either of those brands. I believe EFI Live has some forums on their website that you could probably check out.
  3. darnie1987

darnie1987 New Member

my 2 cents, hyper tech is like you said, a programer.... it has its limitations. a "tuner" such as efi live or hp tuners is a tuning device. it also helps if you have a wide band set up to go along with it but as far as the difference in performance, and options id go with efi live or hp tuners any day. i have a pcm done with efi live and it beats a heck out of the superchips tuner hands down and a retune is like 15 bucks cant beat it...
  4. chucksrt

chucksrt New Member

Efi live is $1000 You can get a reflash done by PCMfroless.com for around $500. However you don't get the programmer like you do w/efi live. You should have the car dyno'd before and after as well w/ A/F readings.
  5. csm

csm New Member

Is it true that EFI Live is not compatible with Ford's?
  6. darnie1987

darnie1987 New Member

ya but like all things you get what you pay for? heck i prob wont buy it but ill easily spend the money with m y tune, i have a nelsons tune and with that and the gauges and wide band it will rack up some funds, but i wont have a code reader or anything like that. if your wanting to go fast get efi live, if u want to just be quick get a mail order tune there usally pretty spot on. and then id rank a hand held... just my 2 cents... :)