EFI Live is it better than the Black Bear Auto Cal Tunes?

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have been interested in Black Bear custom and also EFI live you can order thru them also. They offer it for my 08 Silverado 5.3 V8 so i looked into it. The EFILive V1 Commercial w/email tune - $579 which is 2nd highest to the EFILive V2 Scan and Tune - $899 (Free email tune included). What is the difference in the 2 and how much better is 1 to the other? Can anyone give me any advice of this tune?????? Thanks, Jake

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. silverZ71

silverZ71 New Member

3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

don't you have to know what changes to make to make the EFILive to be useful?

4. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

yeah, efi live is a full tuning software suite, it is not a programmer you just plug in, heh... you have to know what you are doing in order to use that software...

blackbear uses the efi live software to create the custom tune and then you'd load it on the autocal device - which plugs into your obd port and you install the tune from that...

but if you get just the efi live software, then you need to figure out how to tune, and you would tune your vehicle yourself...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  5. silverZ71

silverZ71 New Member

Can't a predator be used the same way though with the software Diablo offers?

6. 06MonteSS

yes, if you have or get a diablo Predator or Trinity, you can get custom tuning done for them/your vehicle by a diablosport custom tuner (like myself)...

also, the diablo products come with some pre-made tunes on them already for the vehicle that you can load and use, make adjustments, etc... whereas the autocal does not - it is strictly for custom tuning...

there's a lot more functionality/flexibility with a Predator/Trinity... for 2007+ trucks, I would get the Trinity, since it has tcm/tranny support now... the predators do not and will not....

7. Rockstarrchevy81

Military discounts?

8. 06MonteSS

unfortunately no... there are minimum pricing policies/rules that dictate the lowest price the items are allowed to be sold for by authorized dealers/resellers...

9. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah i think that sucks that they do that though.. in my opinion they would make even more money just my 2 cents.

10. 06MonteSS