EFI Live Tuning

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by ippielb, Sep 25, 2010.

1. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I bought EFI Live, just got it in the mail today. Just wondering if anyone has some tips for a newbie, i've backed up my stock tune, and also calibrated my speedometer to 33" tires, and shift points to 33" tires. Oh and i've disabled the catalytic converter protection, because i don't have any cats.

Looking to get as much as i can from my intake, spacer, headers, and no cats.

Thank!

2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What tool did you buy?

3. ippielb

I bought EFI Live Scan and Tune.

4. ntbush83

If you do't mind how much did it run you? i'm lookin into getting one to! I know they have great diesel results but I didn't know about gas.

5. ippielb

Gas and diesel have the same programmer, with this programmer you can tune most GM vehicles, gas or diesel. Check out www.efilive.com And just a heads up, it's a lot more difficult then it seems.

6. jplyler

jplyler New Member

from personal expericence efi wont dont much unless you have a diesel i tuned my 08 and maybe got 30 more horsepower. If you dont adjust the settings correctly you will distroy pistons from over fueling. If you want alot of horse power invest in a diesel

7. ippielb

Way ahead of you, been on the market for a diesel for the past year now. Just haven't found one that suits my needs(price and mileage). I'm not really expecting to get a night and day effect with my truck, i'm just expecting it to run smoother, get rid of the stupid codes, and tune it all in for my planned cam shaft, injectors, intake manifold, and throttle body. Plus i need to tune my computer to not read with the rear o2 sensors since i got no cats, and long tube headers.

8. JennaBear

JennaBear Rockstar 100 Posts

EFILive is a very versatile tool. Shoulda let me know you were in the market- we are authorized sellers for them.

9. ippielb

Oh damn, i thought you guys were authorized tuners not sellers! Well, it's too late now i guess. Just programmed my transmission shift pressures, torque reduction, and shift times, lets see how this does.

10. ntbush83

Oh ya I know I've been wanting a diesel for years now! Just can't find one thats a decent price without millions of miles.