1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

EGR install on 84 GMC 350

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by slim70chevelle, Nov 18, 2010.

1. slim70chevelle

slim70chevelle New Member

Hey all. Getting back to my old project 84 GMC. Its time to put the EGR valve on and I am looking at the Edelbrock intake I got and the port is just wide open into the lower area of the intake. It kinda seems like if I put on an EGR or not its just going to breathe right past it into the main part of the intake. Am I missing something here???
    I am going back to carb from TPI and dont have my original carb parts anymore to remind me how it was setup before!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Gm truck club Chevelle. If you ordered the Edelbrock manifold for the same year as what the egr valve used to fit, then it will work.
    If you have a 70 Chevelle post a pic.

3. Royhunterkid

Royhunterkid New Member

They make a plate you can put over the egr hole but if it runs off a computer i would put an egr on it because it has to do with the map sensor and fuel reburn.