1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

EGR valve boogers

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by andrewh, Jan 17, 2010.

1. andrewh

andrewh New Member

Had a hard time starting my '95 blazer with a 4.3l. It idled like crap and was just kinda a pain. Hooked up a scanner and it had a "EGR pintle position control problem" I removed the egr valve expecting to have to replace it and found it to be stuck open with a piece of hard black debris. I cleaned it and reinstalled it. Everything is happy now. Anyone else have issues like this? Where do such deposits originate? Is it time to run premium fuel? -Andrewh
  2. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I have had replace mine also, I did get away with cleaning it a couple of times but that only lasted for so long. Try running some seafoam thru the fuel system this may help in cleaning up the deposits.
  3. andrewh

andrewh New Member

Seafoam, will-do. Thanks.
  4. wis bang

wis bang Rockstar 100 Posts

This is a common problem w./ the 4.3L egr valves. Cleaning the crud out helps, regular applications of seafoam via the brake booster vacuum hose keepse it to a minimum. The CES will goi away once you clean it.