Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

electric fan for 2002 silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by OlliN, Jun 14, 2010.

1. OlliN

OlliN New Member

hi
    big greetings from germany
    i found at ebay a double electric fan from the 2005 tahoe for 190 bucks.
    does it fit the 2002 silverado.

regards olaf

2. 04-silverado

04-silverado Rockstar 100 Posts

I personally can not guarantee a "fit" ... but I did use an online SALVAGE YARD search engine, as follows:

I went to: http://www.car-part.com/ ... then using their DROP-DOWN menus, I specified the following:

Chevy Tahoe
    Cooling Fan (Rad and Con mtd.)
    USA
    Sort by Price

(my zip code)
    then clicked the SEARCH button

on the next screen, I selected Fan Assm

(...obviously, you could do a similar search inputting data for your 2002 Silverado)

On the search RESULTS page (of which there were eleven)... you'll notice, beneath the Year, Part, Model (left-most column)... that part fits multiple years and multiple models (including: Tahoe, Yukon, Avalanche, Sierra, Silverado, Suburban).

You'll also notice, in the Dealer Info column ... there are EMAIL contact addresses. You could email one (or several) of them ... asking if they'd VERIFY the "fit" which you are seeking (and also asking for a PRICE, including shipping... on the part you want). It has been my experience (over more than 40 years) that these salvage yards really know their stuff.

As I said, I personally can not guarantee anything... but it might be worth your while to pursue this angle (while you await some further input from those who frequent these forums)?

At any rate ... WELCOME to the gmtruckclub.com forums, and good luck in your current quest!

hth - karl

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  3. OlliN

OlliN New Member

sorry , my mistake , i forgot
    my silverado has a normal fan , powered by the belt. i want to change it into an electric fan.
    the double fan from flexa-lite is to expensive for me, so i want to take the one from the 2005 tahoe.
    now i need a wiring diagram to have a look where i can get the signals for the fans.
    does i need a new module or is it only a temp. switch and another relais.

keep on trucking