electric fans

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by thekingsphance, Sep 18, 2008.

Newest Photos

1. thekingsphance

thekingsphance New Member

Anyone have any experience installing electric cooling fans? How hard are they to install yourself? What brand should I get? Any tips and tricks would be of great help.
  2. zippy

zippy New Member 100 Posts

Check out Mike Collin's write up in the how to forum.
  3. 20002wdchevy

20002wdchevy New Member

I installed ls1 fans from a 99 t/a and did all the wiring myself. I have around $90 in them and they work great. several places sell complete kits like flexalite and such. it really depends on how much you want to spend.

Clint
  4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts New Member

Hey 02wdchevy. Send me a link to pics of your truck. I wish my truck was running 14.5. Sounds like you have a badass ride.
  5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts New Member

Sorry to go off topic on your thread bro.
  6. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've put an electric fan on a jeep before, but I take it you want to install one and get rid of the engine driven fan?
  7. thekingsphance

electric fan

I decided to go with flexalite. it has step by step instructions pretty easy to follow. today I mounted the control module on the fan and did the wiring on the fan itself. tomorrow is the fun stuff. removing the old and in with the new. I think the toughest part is going to be routing all the wiring and securing it properly out of the way so it doesn't chaff and what not. I will let all know how it goes.
  8. thekingsphance