1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

electric locks sticking

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by bocajapache, May 20, 2005.

1. bocajapache

bocajapache New Member

aaalllright...my locks on my 1999 tahoe are sticking. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. It's like, if they don't unlock/lock on the fist time...might as well go and push it your self. Also, my barn door locks are working very good either. Isn't everything suppose to unlock with the keyless entry system?

What about www.gmpartsclub.com ?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2009
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

How long has this problem been occuring? How often do they seem to stick? 10%, 25%, 50% of the time?
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

maybe 50% of the time if not more.
  4. bocajapache

bocajapache New Member

Re: RE: electric locks sticking

this was my post..not guest. sorry.
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

RE: Re: RE: electric locks sticking

Probably the BODY CONTROLLER.

It's a computer. The body controller monitors all of the possible sources of an "unlock" or "lock" signal. It monitors a radio frequency and unlocks the doors when the correct code is entered. It also monitors a digital code from the transmitter in your key fob
  6. ARNIE

ARNIE Rockstar

For some reason my replies keep getting posted as guest.
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Replies as guest. Believe it or not, in this current website/message forum build that I am running ... there is a conflict with the google ads that are running on the right column! It's the reason that you're posted as a guest every once in a while. I've got a fix for it, will try to get it done tomorrow.
  8. shotgun

shotgun New Member

I had some electrical problems like what you have described, and it was my body controller. Got it replaced under warranty about 3 or 4 years ago and everything has been really cool ever since.
  9. bocajapache

bocajapache New Member

body controller? is that a neuronet processor...a learning computer? (terminator 2) hahaha...well, under warranty..mine isn't. so where is this body controller? If I have an alarm system installed with keyless entry or just keyless entry system...will this fix?
  10. ARNIE

ARNIE Rockstar

Center of the firewall directly under windshield. I am not sure what you are asking about the alarm system. Did you install that?