1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

electric shock in the darkness

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Chevy1997, Aug 6, 2007.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy1997

Chevy1997 Member

Hi, well, all of my questions are because i don`t fell the sound of the engine of my truck smooth in comparisson with my neihbor Tahoe.
    Well, last week i took my truck to the complete darkness and i note a little light in the connection between the wire and the spark plug. Not to all connections, and when the engine sounds strange, the lights being more intense.
    I checked all of connections, change the wire set, change the sparks plug, change the distribuitor cap and rotor, but the problem doesn`t dissapear.

Please, can somebody help me with a solution or idea to how to solve?

And obviusly please somebody say me if it`s normal?
    thanks

2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

first of all, that's NOT normal. Usually that's because the distributor and wire don't have a good connection. double check to make sure they are all TIGHT on the cap.

3. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Sounds like you got a bad wire. If it is only happening on one, switch it with another wire and see if it stays at the same place or goes with the wire. If it goes to the new place, replace that wire and recheck.

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

You changed the wires and still had the same problem. Did you use a quality replacement set or a bargain set, or leftover wires laying around the garage?
    If you bought the wire set return them and tell the parts store the problem, then spend a few extra bucks to upgrade to a quality set. Buy Dialectric grease at the same time and use it on both ends of the wires before connecting to the Distributer cap and the plugs. This should solve your missfire.