Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Electric Transfer case

Discussion in 'Ask GM Customer Service' started by ahm1127, Jan 3, 2012.

1. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a 05' Suburban with 5.3 and having problems with 4x4 system again. I have no control of 4x4 system, it goes from 4lo to Neutral to 2high by itself just by shutting down truck & restarting or disconnecting battery.
    I also have 00' Tahoe with 5.3 with "service 4x4" light on, I have to use truck more to let you know whats going on with it exactly but there are no lights at switches.
    The problem is that my 90' Suburban has no issues with 4x4, but there are no switches!

Any help would be appreciated.

2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

This is not a technical support forum...your only going to get canned answers referring you to the dealer here. You need to post this to a technical help section....or maybe the mod will move it for you so that someone can offer some advice on your issue.

I know the "service 4x4" light has been fixed in 2001 years by replacing the 4x4 switch panel. I woould also check the fluid level in your transfer case.

3. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

Ok thanks, I didn't know that. I posted in forum already.

Thanks for the info about switch.
    I have been looking on here & found a few discussions, seems like a common thing since the 90's, I was wondering if GM was fixing these issues since there are so many! I don't know what they charge to see what bad parts they put in?