Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Electrical issue in 1995 c1500 pickup

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by GMANs95, Nov 6, 2013.

1. GMANs95

GMANs95 Member

I posted this originally in my intro post.

With truck in a static position and no key in ignition (battery connected) 3 lights on the instrument cluster are lit: Service Engine Soon, Air Bag, and BAT. If I do not disco the battery it will be dead in the morning.

It starts fine and all lights go out with the exception of the SES light. I have not had it looked at yet..but will. (truck turns off just fine and the above mentioned lights remain on)

Is there a good way to start troubleshooting this aside from guessing and throwing parts at it?

Other issues that may get fixed once this is done: No wipers, no cruise, no brake lights (turn sigs are fine and lights come on properly but no brake lights including the cab light.)

Fuses have been checked.

Working on another issue that "could be related" but it is looking more and more like the environmental cluster (heat / ac knobs.)

I would love to get this one fixed......you all (those that have responded) have been a big help so far.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2013
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What's the year and model of your truck? I didn't see if right away, so I'm asking first.

3. GMANs95

GMANs95 Member

Sorry Steve...95 c/1500 w 5.7l

4. GMANs95

GMANs95 Member

Any thoughts?..........anyone?

5. Guardrail

Guardrail Member

Anytime you have funky light issues, start with the ground. Check and clean all the grounds that you can locate; engine to frame, cab to frame, dash to cab (if there is one there). Once those are all clean, I would check the instrument cluster itself. If you can find one in a junkyard, swap it out and see if the lights still come on.

Are there any codes showing in the computer? If there are no codes, or you can clear the codes and the lights still stay lit, I would suspect the dash cluster is going bad.

6. GMANs95

GMANs95 Member

Thanx...I will be changing my transmission this week and will check this while I am underneath. This is the most frustrating problem to date.....short of the tranny going to crap.....