1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Electrical Issue...please help

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by chris8408, Dec 30, 2011.

1. chris8408

chris8408 New Member

All the controls on my drivers side bezel no longer work except for the drivers side window button (heated seats buttons do not work either now). on the front passenger side, the door lock/unlock button doesnt work (window button works fine on that side)

i popped off the bezels to take a look at the wiring and everything is secure and plugged in the right place. i also tried unplugging the battery in hopes of that might help something. any ideas would be greatly appreciated, i'd really like to not have to bring it in to the dealership, but i will if i cant figure it out. thanks for the help!
  2. Untouchable

Untouchable New Member

Since it should be a warranty repair, I would honestly have the dealer mess with it. Not sure where in OK you're at, but there are a few good dealerships in the state that will fix you right up.
  3. chris8408

chris8408 New Member

yea very true, i have to wait till monday tho and i hate having something busted on the truck lol. i was hoping it would turn out to be something stupid that i could fix easily, but if by monday i still havent figured it out then itll be going right to the dealership. thanks for the help tho!
  4. chris8408

chris8408 New Member

Well, got the truck back from the dealership today and they had to replace and reprogram the drivers side door switch, and then they had to reprogram the passenger side door switch. lol these cars and trucks are basically a computer on wheels these days! It was under warranty too, so not a dime out f my pocket :great:
  5. frank10

frank10 New Member

I ran into one in the past that had a broken wire in the loom that comes through the boot from the pillar to the door.