1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Electrical issue?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by smithz71, Jan 25, 2014.

1. smithz71

smithz71 New Member

Hello! I am hoping someone could help me out with a minor problem that's becoming a bigger pain. My driver side window stopped working. One day later, I realized that m horn wasn't working after someone pulled out in front of me. It was actually funny for me because I slammed on the horn but the car didnt honk! Weird thing is when I lock the car with keyless remote the horn will honk saying that it's locked. Can y'all tell me where I should start looking for the solution to my problem? Thanks!
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

What year is your Tahoe also what trim, engine and such. It will help with better answers. I have an intermittent issue with my driver window as well but I have yet to find why it happens, likely it is caused for either of us by a pinched wire or the regulator on its way out. I don't think the horn and window are related because in most of these truck to my knowledge they share no wiring.
  3. smithz71

smithz71 New Member

Its a 2004 Tahoe z-71 5.3. Thanks!
  4. 88k2500

88k2500 New Member

window is likely a switch, or the motor. Most common is motor. Horn uses different relays for the alarm chirp and main horn honk. Usually you have a bad horn or a fuse. Check the fuses first. Then un plug the horn and with a test light check the 2 wires for power and ground. Usually both wires are power until you hit the horn button then ones goes to ground.
  5. BIGREDDADDY53

BIGREDDADDY53 Member

Just came across this thread and I have the same problem with my window on the drivers side, worked for about six months and then stopped and worked again and now it stopped once more. As well as the drivers heated seat, I think it might be the switches. I called the local GM dealer and they wanted 250 CDN for the window switch and then I called rockauto.com and it was just under 200 CDN delivered to my door. If and body has any idea's of what it might be rather than the switch's, please post it. Thanks Eric

2003 Tahoe LT Z55 Z71, 5.3