Electrical Issues

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by focal318, Aug 29, 2009.

1. focal318

focal318 New Member

Hi all, Today I installing a graphic equalizer in my 2002 Silverado and once I was completed I went to power up and nothing. Most things are functioning all but my main issue is my stereo deck won't power up and oddly enough my odometer, RPM, and MPH gauges have quit functioning as well. The voltage, oil pressure, temperature, and fuel guages are all in working order. I've gone through all the fuses and relays to no success. Before I started the install I tested all the equipment just hanging out of the dash and everything functioned properly. I was hoping someone would have some advice. I've gone through everything I can think of and come up with nothing. AutoZone was kind enough to let me try different relays in hopes of finding it but no luck. I also tested the deck in another vehicle afterward and all is well. Any help or ideas would be great because I can't stand having my dashboard completely taken apart. Thanks!

2. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

hopefully the stepper motors didnt take a dump or else your going to need new cluster.

Hopefully you can get it checked out.

3. focal318

focal318 New Member

would a bad stepper motor cause the stereo not to power on?? i'm new to this but it seems to me that the only reason for that to occur is if the sound volume control is run through the speedometer and for some reason that controls the power source. i could be totally wrong but i think SVC is an awful waste of engineering, if i want to turn my music down i'll do it myself.