Electrical Issues

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Joethepoolguy, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Joethepoolguy

Joethepoolguy Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I'm thinking this is probably no big deal, but about every 3 days the clock on my radio resets. I don't lose any of my presets or anything,just a new time that I get to adjust again. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this??

2. Joethepoolguy

The only thing extra that I have is my SCT programmer. Do you think that might be the problem?

3. Joethepoolguy

No it's not plugged in when it happens. I have only plugged the programmer in when I was putting my custom tunes in. Other then that, it stays in the console. I emailed my custom tunes guy and let him know what it's doing also. I don't think it could be the programmer, but I'm checking everything. Could I possibly have a faulty trailer brake controller?

4. Joethepoolguy

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!

5. Joethepoolguy

Thank you very much for your help!!! Everything else on the radio works fine, and besides...I wear a watch.:lol:

6. hildy19

hildy19 Rockstar 100 Posts

Mine was doing that and then my battery took a $#!@. Got a new one and problem solved
    Don't know if this is ur problem tho. It was weird cuz like you said the presets stayed but not the clock

7. Joethepoolguy

I have 2 batteries, so tomorrow, I will switch them and see if that helps. Thanks!!!

8. Joethepoolguy

Yes it does. I have good voltage and everything, but it won't hurt to try. I enjoy playing with my truck anyway!!!:party: