1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

electrical issues?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by nitz0422, Jan 3, 2012.

1. nitz0422

nitz0422 New Member

Sorry if I posted this in wrong spot. I have an 08' silverado. My service tire monitor system light has been coming off and on while driving. Then the last couple of days it comes on with the service airbag light and then all my gauges drop to zero. The gauges go back to normal after a couple of seconds. The airbag light goes off a little bit later and then the tire monitor light. There is no change in driving performance when this happens. I'm not sure if it is related but my stereo also quit working before all this started. I would appreciate any help.

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

you have a warranty? if so use it! even my dads 07 has had some issues and even though it was past warranty the dealership still did it as warranty work s they want to keep him as a customer. Just go back to the dealership, its worth trying to finagle something even if you dont have warranty left.

3. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If your like me my 08 is out of warranty also. Is this the stock or aftermarket head unit? I have seen this behavior in my truck when I had the alarm installed....they had something grounded or tapped into something incorrectly. Have you installed anything lately?

You could try removing the head unit and see if the issues go away.

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It could also be a bad TPMS sensor. The do go bad...

5. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

True but when they go bad you only get the "service tire monitor system" light. He has a bad ground somewhere with all the crazy gauge activity.