Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Electrical problem?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by officegem, May 26, 2005.

1. officegem

officegem New Member

I have a 2002 Trailblazer. For the past several months, the anti-lock brake light has stayed on sometimes. The local dealer said we needed a new anti-lock module (at a cost of $900+) but the problem appears to be electrical, not the anti-lock brake module. If the antilock light stays on, the heating/cooling fan does not work either. Starting the car before putting on seatbelts prevents the light from coming on - sometimes. It may go out after a few minutes of driving; other times it stays on for the whole trip. It is very frustrating. Anyone else had this problem?

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Electrical problem? - Trailblazer anti lock brake light

Does this problem affect the anti-lock brakes? That is, do they still work? I'm not telling you to go out and slam on your brakes, but if you have needed to hit them hard in the recent past, did the anti-lock unit kick in? You'll know when the kick in. :)

I've not heard of a problem like this before. Maybe someone else out there has?

3. terry0341

terry0341 Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

Brakes

I had a 99 suburban with the anti-lock brake kight staying on and mine was related to the abs sensors at the wheels sticking a tad, they just needed cleaned and adjusted. Make sure you do that first, much cheaper than the module. That also sounds really high for a module!

4. bbforguson

bbforguson New Member

I recently purchased a 97 K2500 4X4 the antilock light stays on constantly and I've also noticed a loud noise that happens just after stopping and placing the vehicle in park. I can only explain the noise as if you were to tap a hubcap with a mallet. Did your's have the same noise?

5. Calbaby968

Calbaby968 Rockstar 100 Posts

My Truck has a similar problem. When I would come to a stop it would do the ABS grind. We put my buddy's $9K Snap-On computer on it and found nothing. Don't know if we looked everywhere though. We took the fuse out from under the hood and the ABS grind went away, but the ABS light stays on. Probably means the ABS doesn't work. I heard of a recall on the Wheel Hub Assembly for my truck but dealer said my truck wasn't on the recall list. I took it to the dealer and they found that I do in fact need 2 Wheel Hub Assembly's for it. They are 115 a piece with your own labor. Dealer wanted a grand to do it. Mark up on the part as well. The mechanic also said that with that recall, they would just clean it and it'd have a 50/50 chance on fixing the problem. My suggestion to you would be to check the fuse under the hood/replace it, or cleaning the Wheel Hub Assembly's.

6. Calbaby968

Calbaby968 Rockstar 100 Posts

That noise you heard is probably the ABS grind. I'd say it's the Wheel Hub Assembly's as well. Check your ABS fuse under the hood first.