1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

electrical problems 1985 GMC SIERRA

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by chrisaddis, Jan 19, 2011.

1. chrisaddis

chrisaddis New Member

hey folks! im new to your forum an a BIG thanks for havin this. ive had this truck for about 8 months with zero problems. as of last week, the radio is blowin fuses shortly after you put a new one in (about 2 mins), the dash lights went out and the tail lights are only workin when i mash the brake pedal. im in the process of restoring this truck as it is 4X4, auto, a/c and in fairly good shape. im excellent with mechanical stuff but this HELLelectrical stuff is not my jig. thanks in advance for your help! chris
  2. LSU truckman

LSU truckman Rockstar 100 Posts

Check the ground strap from the firewall to the engine or frame. I had similar problems like that and it turned out my ground strap was broken.
  3. chrisaddis

chrisaddis New Member

grounds are good. i changed the headlight switch last night. i had a t/l and courtesy fuse and radio fuse blown. this could be awful to find.