electrical problems.

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by ranger1961, May 6, 2012.

1. ranger1961

ranger1961 New Member

Hi, new to this site and need help with a major electrical issue. I have a 1992 suburban 2500. I have put a new alternator in it and it still won't charge the battery. the battery is new and the alt. has been rechecked. All good. When I applie the brakes the wipers turn on or when I turn the radio on the wipers also turn on. When it rains the anti-lock brakes also go whacky. The truck has 250k miles on it and would like to see 500k. Has anybody everheard of these problems or at least know where to start to find them. Thanks for any Help at all.

2. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

The alternator has a lead wire to the battery and this wire may need replacing .You can replace it with Zero Gauge wire.I would check there,ive replaced quite a few of those for people.

3. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Also, be sure to have a good ground from the battery to the frame, and from the engine to the frame.

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Check/replace every ground wire you can find.
    Should be grounded from frame to body, frame to engine, frame to battery, battery to body, battery to engine, battery to alternator, alternator to engine.