1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Electrical question

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ocala, Oct 5, 2011.

1. ocala

ocala New Member

Have an 10 Silverado WT with the small V8. Noticed at night with the head lights on when I hit the brakes the head lights will dim for a second then return to normal. Didn't think this should be happening on a new truck so I took it in for warranty work. They checked the electrical system and was told it was fine. They said it's normal and it's just the way that the system regulates the voltage.
    I trust this dealer but I still have a problem believing this is normal.
    Has anyone else noticed with their truck?
  2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Things like this seem to be normal in the newer generation of GM vehicles (2007+ trucks, 2006+ cars - both with the newer electrical system). I've driven impalas that would do the same thing your truck does, but instead of the brakes, it would be opening or closing a window. The buick lucerne is the same way. I think it has something to do with that particular electrical/computer system setup because I've never seen it happen on an older truck.
  3. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I would be happy to do a little more digging for you regarding your concern. I would need the last eight of your VIN to proceed. I would also recommend contacting a second dealer if you feel this is the result of some other concern. Please feel free to contact me privately. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I think it's normal for most all vehicles these days. Try rolling up your windows all the way and hold the button down, your lights will dim just a little bit. That's normal and not really going to cause any issues I don't think.