1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Electronic Brake Controller just add the adapter

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by M-technik-3, Sep 17, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

to the factory wiring harness? I have browsed the RPO Codes they bounce all over the place on that list.
    So my truck has these installed.
    UY7 : WIRING HARNESS, TRUCK TRAILER HD
    VR4 : TRAILER HITCH, WEIGHT DISTRIBUTING PLATFORM
    Z55 : SPECIAL VIN PLATE HUH? this is odd
    Z82 : TRAILER PROVISIONS, SPECIAL EQUIPMENT, H.0.

So am I correct in my thinking that I can just plug in the adapter and then plug in a EBC unit?

Thanks Greg

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

What year is your truck and does it have the trailer wiring harness installed.

3. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

2002 and it has all the mentioned items I listed. The standard round trailer electrical plug is there.

4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Then your thinking is pretty much correct. If I were you I'd search on the site for a how to guide for the install because sometimes all you need to do is plug in the controller to the block under the dash on the driver's side other you need to wire it to the wiring harness and add power lead and find the brake control hook up on the truck.

5. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

Yeah sounds like I stop by my G/F's former mechanic. He's a indie GM mechanic, I know imports and old stuff. Though it doesn't sound that tough with some schematics.

Need a real manual vs the alldata bull turd I purchased.

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Often there's a little more to it than just connecting the controller to the harness. Usually there are some wires hidden beneath the under-hood fuse box that you need to connect ... and a fuse you need to add to provide steady +12v power to the 7-pole round plug at the rear of the vehicle. It's a snap (< 30 mins) for vehicles with the 7-pole plug. :)

This may help: http://www.etrailer.com/faq-cbc.aspx

7. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

Thanks this is exactly what I needed.

8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Let us know how it goes...

9. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

Will do but it has to wait till I get home from ? Not sure where I'm going on this trip.