Electronic Discount Sales - Arlington, Texas Review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by ChevyFan, Apr 3, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just wanted to pass this along to anyone in North Texas that does a lot with computers, audio equipment, stereos, printers, etc.

I have been to Electronic Discount Sales, which really is a buy-and-sell electronics place and a discounter. I got some stuff there in the past and thought they were ok. Well, it looks like it might be under new ownership, I'm not sure.

Anyhow, I went in yesterday to get a new battery for my Dell D630 Latitude laptop computer. $49.99 for a used OEM battery and it's got a 7-day return in case it's DOA. Well, the first one I got was DOA, took it back this afternoon and took my laptop with me. I plugged it in and all is well, looks like a great battery they let me swap for. It was a good experience overall!

Anyhow, check them out, they have everything from laptop bags to traded in printers and monitors, stereo speakers, audio equipment, etc.

www.electronicdiscountsales.com

2. GMPartsClub

GMPartsClub Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts GMTC Sponsor

I got a battery from them now only lasts like 20 minutes tops, so maybe it was worth it to pay that much money back then, maybe not. It's a bit of a craps-shoot and I took my chances. I don't think i'll get another used battery, i'll get a cheap aftermarket one off eBay that will last a year or maybe 18 months, and I'm fine with that - they're 1/2 the price of the factory OEM batteries anyhow.