1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bug Report Email Notifications Not working.

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Conlan Rose, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

For over a week I haven't gotten a single email from the site. I checked that all my subscriptions are set to instantly through email but still nadda. Is any one else having this problem? I was hoping it was just a glitch, but after a week it doesn't seem that way.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm only set for notification of PM's, so I can't corroborate your issue. Right now you've not provided enough data to suggest that it's the site, itself... so you should probably check to see if you have any anti-spam software filtering your email, if your email provider is using the same and filtering your email for you, and/or if things are going into your junk email folder.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have not had any issues with notifications. They seem delayed by a few hours I am still getting them
  4. Conlan Rose

Hmmm I'll PM [MENTION=1]Steve[/MENTION] about it.
  5. Pikey

lol, now I am not getting them either!
  6. Conlan Rose

I sent him a PM and mentioned your also having some troubles. I think it may just be one of the new updates that interfered with something unexpectedly.
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks like this has cropped up, again. People have been PM'ing me ... but I'm not getting emails about it like I should be.
  8. Pikey

Yep, I am having issues also. I have been getting notifications (sometimes), and they are a day after the reply was posted.
  9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Is this still an issue?

There are a couple of different ways that you can get notified about threads that you are subscribed to on this website.

• Control Panel (just up at the top bar of the website)
    • Instant through email (these should show up in less than about 5 minutes)
    • Daily through email (these are sent out once per day, I think it's the pre-dawn hours usually)
    • Weekly through email (these are sent out in bulk on monday morning)
    • None (Delete) ... you don't get notified of any specific thread.
  10. Pikey

I just got blasted with 25 or so email notifications. Some were from today, some from yesterday.