1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bug Report Email Notifications Not working.

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Conlan Rose, Feb 14, 2013.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I used to get emails instantly when I was PM'd. I have changed no settings, here. We were not informed of any sitewide tweaks to notifcication settings. Given both of the aforementioned I would expect to still receive emails instantly when PM'd. I have not received any email notifications about PM's for several days ... despite having received PM's.

I received one PM, earlier today, and no notification came in for it.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Still not working, it it does work it is delayed by 4-6 hours
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My notifications seem to be working (at least over the past couple of days).
  4. Pikey

That is odd. I have been quoted 2 times today, received 2 pm's, and 5 threads that I subscribe to have been commented on, yet I have not received any instant email notifications. I checked my settings and they have not changed. If it comes, I get them all at one time hours after the activity has taken place. I received the pm's at 9:00 a.m. this morning, it is now 1:38 p.m. and I have not been notified.
  5. mfleetwood

Yes, very odd...My notifications line up with the times the were received. However, I only subscribe to email notifications on PMs and visitor messages which could explain why we're seeing differences on most things you mention.
  6. Pikey

yea, I JUST got email notifications for the pm's I received this morning. It is now 11:58 pm
  7. mfleetwood

Not good...I hope Steve gets this bug worked out soon.
  8. Pikey

the odd thing is that they are not coming in the correct order. I got a blast of 20 or so emails around 6pm today. They had some threads that were posted in around 3 pm today and a notification about the last pm I got. Then, tonight I get another blast of 24 and it has notifications from posts that were made yesterday along with the pm notifications from the earlier pm's I got.
  9. mfleetwood

Maybe it's hung up and using a "last in, first out" cycle....and it sounds like a whole lot more. Or maybe Steve is manually releasing them (if that's possible).
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I only subscribe to email notifications on PM's ... and haven't seen an email for a PM in a while, now.