Bug Report Email Notifications Not working.

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Conlan Rose, Feb 14, 2013.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I used to get emails instantly when I was PM'd. I have changed no settings, here. We were not informed of any sitewide tweaks to notifcication settings. Given both of the aforementioned I would expect to still receive emails instantly when PM'd. I have not received any email notifications about PM's for several days ... despite having received PM's.

I received one PM, earlier today, and no notification came in for it.

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Still not working, it it does work it is delayed by 4-6 hours

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

My notifications seem to be working (at least over the past couple of days).

4. Pikey

That is odd. I have been quoted 2 times today, received 2 pm's, and 5 threads that I subscribe to have been commented on, yet I have not received any instant email notifications. I checked my settings and they have not changed. If it comes, I get them all at one time hours after the activity has taken place. I received the pm's at 9:00 a.m. this morning, it is now 1:38 p.m. and I have not been notified.

5. mfleetwood

Yes, very odd...My notifications line up with the times the were received. However, I only subscribe to email notifications on PMs and visitor messages which could explain why we're seeing differences on most things you mention.

6. Pikey

yea, I JUST got email notifications for the pm's I received this morning. It is now 11:58 pm

7. mfleetwood

Not good...I hope Steve gets this bug worked out soon.

8. Pikey

the odd thing is that they are not coming in the correct order. I got a blast of 20 or so emails around 6pm today. They had some threads that were posted in around 3 pm today and a notification about the last pm I got. Then, tonight I get another blast of 24 and it has notifications from posts that were made yesterday along with the pm notifications from the earlier pm's I got.

9. mfleetwood

Maybe it's hung up and using a "last in, first out" cycle....and it sounds like a whole lot more. Or maybe Steve is manually releasing them (if that's possible).

10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I only subscribe to email notifications on PM's ... and haven't seen an email for a PM in a while, now.