1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Employment ~ what does everyone do for a living?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Jrod89, Dec 10, 2013.

1. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Press operator at general motors Parma stamping plant
    ChevyFan likes this.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

What don't I do?? Full time Truck driver for a Grab and Go food Co I drive down to MD and Del 5 x aweek, When I get back I do some delivery's for a seafood co.. On the side I do Marketing for some of the largest Automotive Aftermarket Co's And as a side gig I do small moves around the tristate Area from Ad's I have on Craigslist ..

Is that enough?? [​IMG] and I still find time to help out here all I can.. [​IMG]
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I retired from the phone company (engineering dept), I now own and maintain a few apartment buildings.
  4. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I am RETIRED! My prior work history was spent msotly enjoying 37 years as a Park Ranger, in various positions, with the National Park Service. Enjoyed working in 6 different parks.
  5. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Subcontracted Underground construction foreman for 12 years doing all aspects of Natural gas distribution systems including Main and service replacements and new installations for one of the areas Gas companies. Actually did some work for awhile in your area [MENTION=23036]TRPLXL2[/MENTION] in Parma for Columbia gas. Out of town thing wasnt for me though and didnt enjoy the 3+ hour ride.
  6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I'm an Athletic Trainer. I do all that sports medicine stuff at a private school. Only like 33 more years until retirement (even though I keep asking the wife if I can now. She tells me no:no:)
  7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Retired U.S. Navy CWO3 Aircraft Crew Chief, 26 years.
    Worked Auto parts sales and fastener design before landing my present position 8yrs ago, Program manager/lead tech for a Medical Techhnology company.
    I manage on site installation, repair, and periodic maintenance of computer controlled lazor surgical theater systems and hospital life support equipment.
  8. RockHead

RockHead Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I'm a field programmer for U.T.C. ..I work on fire alarm system, access control system, security systems.

I'm also a chief of a volunteer fire company. ...
  9. cmcolfax

cmcolfax Member

Enkei - HOME!!! The wife and I are from Tarrytown... just across the river.

I am a Professional Firefighter / Paramedic for the Henrico County, VA Division of Fire.

Been on the job here for almost 9 years already.

Previously, I was a volunteer FF and volunteer EMT in Sleepy Hollow, NY, a Print Production Manager for several large publishing and advertising agencies in NYC.

-cmc-
  10. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Well I'm currently a full-time student at UNLV pursuing a degree in geology, and I work part-time as a stock person at Adidas on the Vegas strip. Formerly, I was weather forecaster for the Navy for about 9 years. I'm hopin to land a position with the Nevada Department of Wildlife, National Park Service (Currently volunteer on Lake Mead with em), or maybe the Southern Nevada Water Authority. Might look into mining companies as well, too early to tell!