Employment ~ what does everyone do for a living?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Jrod89, Dec 10, 2013.

1. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban Rockstar 100 Posts

I've been to a Cheddars before (in Texas). Pretty good grub. I am currently active duty military (Air Force to be exact). Have been for the last 20+ years. Stationed all over the place but currently in New Mexico.

2. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Currently a security guard at a chemical facility in east Detroit. Hoping to go into LE at any level and just waiting for the call.

3. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

I work in the Nuclear ‚Äčindustry Electricity Generation. Was in Operations for many years and now the Lock Out Tag Out Administrator at the facility. Can retire in less than 4 yrs but sticking around for 8 more years. It will fly by!

4. fugitive

fugitive Member

Machinist for one of the oldest steel processing equipment manufacturers in the world we build it BIG!‚Äč

5. zippstripp

zippstripp Member 1 Year

I'm currently a manager/technician. I operate a nice little 2 bay shop in Central City Ia. Nice quiet change of pace after 25 years in the bis. I also am a Vol. FF and EMT with my local fire Dept. 10 years now.

6. csltrains96

csltrains96 Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm a Semiconductor Maintenance Technician. I work on the Plasma/Dry Etch process tools that process the wafers used in making chips for cell phones. Been in semiconductor since 1999. The parts for the machines I work on are small, but they cost a lot. I also work 12 hour night shifts.

I'm currently working for a company that processes Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) wafers, instead of the usual Silicon. I work about 2 hours from home and stay up here in my travel trailer during the work week, and then travel home on the weekends.

ChevyFan likes this.
  7. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Carpenter, frame to finish. Changed employers 6 months ago making the switch from residential to commercial.

ChevyFan likes this.
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'll have to check it out when I head that way next time.