Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

engine and trans oil?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Marcus A., Jul 30, 2011.

1. Marcus A.

Marcus A. Rockstar

I started running mobil 1 syn. oil a few years ago. Just wondering what everyone else uses. What do you think is good/bad. I gained noticeable power from changing the factory oil to syn.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I've been running Mobil 1 in everything we have for at least 20 years and no problems. I use there engine oil, trans fluid, gear lube and grease.
  3. I second the Mobile 1. It is the only thing that my husband puts in my Trailblazer.:great::glasses:
  4. Marcus A.

Marcus A. Rockstar

What the oil weight you using. I tryed their 0w-30 and pulled some more hp. just changed to 5w-40 turbo diesel oil to help while pulling a 5000 lb camper I just bought today.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Were running 10-30 in both trucks down here.
  6. Thundare

Thundare Rockstar 100 Posts

I run Delo400 SAE30 in my truck. Awesome oil.
  7. Ethan

Ethan Rockstar 100 Posts

Castrol GTX high mileage 10w-30 and a quart of Marvels Mystery Oil, works wonders, scrubs the insides clean.

I want to switch to Shaffer oil, cause that stuff makes everything else, even Mobile 1 oil, look like sandpaper, best thing is that it's aluminum based, so it works with both standard oils and synthetic oil, and you can constantly switch back without issues.

Tranny fluid, I'd go with Shaffer as well, but it's only available in bulk....so I'll just use Dexron III, which I need to flush my tranny here soon...