Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Engine Cleaning 1999 Silverado 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by bluebrick, Jan 31, 2012.

1. bluebrick

bluebrick New Member

I was wondering how some of you have gone about cleaning your engines. I bought my 2500 used and the engine really needs cleaning. I don't want to mess up anything under the hood, especially anything electrical. Thanks.

2. olered

olered New Member

put a bag over the distributor and try to stay away from the alternator and the computer as much as possible (i perfer to keep my truck running while i do it). i like it running just because there is not that much posability of water getting in the alternator while it is moving. but other than that blast some degreaser on it and powerwash the hell out of it

3. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I do the same cover all the stuff mentioned above. I've used Simple Green, Mean Green, and flat stove top cleaner and it works great for me. Spray it let it sit and power wash it off.

4. bluebrick

bluebrick New Member

Thanks everybody. I will get at it.