1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Engine code P0056

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Burden33, Apr 4, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

I hooked up the programmer today to change a few things and it showed up with a engine code PO056 anyone know what the code means.
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

3. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

ya that linked helped thanks.
  4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You're welcome!
  5. chevynewb4

chevynewb4 New Member

Where on the truck is that sensor for me to change it myself?
  6. Guardrail

Guardrail New Member

O2 sensors are on the exhaust pipe, before and after the cat converter.
  7. chevynewb4

chevynewb4 New Member

Its showing bank 2 sensor 2. So would that be the second sensor on the exhaust pipe?
  8. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 100 Posts

Only problem with this is that an o2 sensor code can be thrown by more than a bad o2 sensor. That could indicate an emissions vaccum leak as well. Cel codes are only a basis to begin diagnostic. That's why so many people get pissed off at autozoners when they buy part after a code reading and it doesn't fix the problem
  9. chevynewb4

chevynewb4 New Member

Ya I know...tough to be sure. Just want to know where that bank 2 sensor 2 is thats all.
  10. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 100 Posts

ah yeah. I forgot to post that. Pass side after the cat. If you only have one o2 sensor behinds the cat, that sort of narrows it down to a definite answer lol