1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Engine Code P1345 & tranny problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by smasie13, Apr 30, 2007.

1. smasie13

smasie13 New Member

1997 Burb K1500 4x4 5.7L

I have multiple codes. This is the one that I have to fix so I can pass emissions. Does anyone know what the common problem/fix is associated with this code is. The print out states "misfire cylinder 2 with fuel cut-off".
    Need to get the emissions passed and this code comes on right away after resetting.

My other problem is the classic tranny problem. It only happens after high speed on the highway for extended time. Then when you come to a stop and accelerate the transmission bumps going into second and third gear. I can clear this code and pass emissions though, but I do want to find out the fix for this since we travel one long trip a month so if anyone has had this problem and knows of a solution that would be great.

Thanks for any of your help on either one of the above topics.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

How many miles?

I think I have seen this with something as simple as a clogged injector, but someone else on here has more experience with this I'm sure.

3. smasie13

smasie13 New Member

I have about 105,000 miles on it.

I have read one place that it may be the distributor gear ($40) 2 hours labor and then a scan to get the timing correct.

4. 909

909 New Member

#1 is a crank position problem. I'm not sure where you got the code meaning as a mis-fire but it's related to the crank position sensor and cam not being correct. This can be timing chain, distributor was disturbed and your ignition timing is off, or crank position sensor is bad. It could also be the distributor gear you mentioned. Others have more experience with common issues than I do. You need a real system scan to tell what exactly it is.

#2 sounds like a trans servo to me. When was the last time the fluid was replaced and how does it look now? Incorrect fluid types can also cause this.

1 person likes this.
  5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

909's right smasie13. I have P1345 - Crankshaft Position (CKP)-Camshaft Position (CMP) Correlation listed as that code...his dead on the money with his fix too.
    Crank sensor will just calf on you like that too.

6. smasie13

smasie13 New Member

Thanks for the information, both of you....

I got the code pulled at Autozone and they gave me a big printout. The first thing listed was the misfire, cyl number 2 for the p1345.

So what should I try first? Can I do the crank position sensor myself or is it inside somewhere? I guess what is the least expensive thing to try. The Burban runs perfect, the only problem we have had recently is when my wife was up in WI a few weeks ago and it was really cold it did not want to start very easily, but when it did it ran great. Now down in the 80's and 90's it starts and runs great.

#2....I have had this issue for two years now and for a lot of miles. Runs great in city driving. The only problem is when you go on the highway for an extended period of time it bumps into first and second after you exit or when you come into heavy traffic. But if I was to come off of the highway and come to a stop, shut it off for about a minute, and start off again it would be perfect. When the problem started I changed the fluid by removing the pan and also put in a new filter. Then hooked it up to the machine and had a complete fluid exchange.

Again thanks for any information....need to get this taken care of so we can get it registered...In Missouri you have to pass a safety inspection and emissions.

7. 909

909 New Member

I found this on a net search http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic309903.htm and it seems to be very solid info that you're needing.

The short version of it is to replace the dist gear just in case, follow the instructions outlined on it for the initial timing. The gear itself is a cheap fix considering. Also, you're going to need to not only pull pending and stored codes from the computer, but it would be very helpful to have a scanner with the ability to read both the crank and cam position sensors while running to see if it's the gear or cam chain stretch. I use a generic pc/obdii interface that doesn't read the cam/crank position in relation to one another. Maybe someone can chime in if the auto tap or others do show it. They're supposed to be dead nuts on, spec is +/- 2 degrees. If you fluctuate RPM and they go out of spec, it'll light up the SES light and throw the 1345 code.

As far as the trans, a complete scan on the 4l60e would show you what's changing when you drive as well. The computer watched just about everything in these trucks, it's a matter of being able to pull the data out and see what's out of spec. The trans deal should be left to a pro though, they have alot more information on them than I would be able to tell you.

Forgot to add, the cam position sensor is inside the distributor. The crank position is on the front of the engine at the harmonic.

Last edited: May 1, 2007