1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Engine Codes 22, 32, 42

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by okysmokey911, Jan 15, 2013.

1. okysmokey911

okysmokey911 Rockstar 100 Posts

Noticed the other day that the truck is running terrible like it is misfiring. Got the codes 22, 32, and 42. I have several TPS's and tried all of them but I am still getting the code. EGR Valve is brand new and so is Distributor, wires, spark plugs, ignition module, spark control module. Made sure timing is where it is supposed to be. Cant really figure this one out so some help would be appreciated.
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The only difference I can see that you didn't mention is the EST circuit grounded. Here is a list that may help you identify the problems unfortunately, this is not one of those comprehensive ones that list possible fixes.

Hopefully, this bump will help in getting more feedback for you.

http://www.extreme-check-engine-light-codes.com/GM OBD1 Decoder.htm
  3. okysmokey911

okysmokey911 Rockstar 100 Posts

Thank you for your help. I forgot that I unplugged the bypass wire to check the base timing and I did not disconnect the battery to reset the code. Will this give the code 42?