1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Engine Compartment Cleaning tips anyone????

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Prophet1990, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Prophet1990

Prophet1990 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hello, im rather new to the site (love it here so far) but iv done the whole thread thing for my other vehicals before so somewhat new to the concept :D but back to my question, Like a good portion of truck owners Iv taken my truck in a puddle or two ;) but now I have a problem, I open my hood and find a gross almost unbearble (for me anyway) mess inside, iv take a pressure washer, soap and water and even a brush and scrubbed and for some reason the mud "stains" go away but then I drive it around heat up the engine and let it dry out and then they come right back and the stains are on my hoses and you name it.. So i guess my main question is how do I get that brand new out of the factory look back under my hood.
  2. Prophet1990

ideas?

anyone haha?
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I use Purple Power diluted down a little and a scrub brush, this gets all the grease. oil, and mud stains out real good.
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have a secret weapon for all of those vacuum hoses, and other rubberish things under the hood that doesn't break them down either. I have used Strong Arm Sprays for about 6 years, and they keep the engine hoses looking like new even when everything else looks like crap! You can't buy it in stores anywhere, only at swap meets or on the internet. Here is a ink to it, and it has 101 different uses!

http://strongarmsprays.com/
  5. Prophet1990

hmm

ok sounds great so i take it then you all have had this problem before as well? it seems that the mud is like FUZED to my damn engine and the compartment i just hate scrubbing it and cleaning it only to think its finally good take it out come back and then BAM looks like i havent even touched it.
  6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I don't have the mud problem, but when I have the hood popped all day at a car show and all of the dust kicked up from the cars falls in the engine compartment and bakes onto the plastic then yeah there's my problem. You have to watch with the rubber hoses, because some of the harsher abrasive cleaners will actually eat the rubber coating on them and make them break down quicker. I also use that Strong Arm spray on stuff that is rusting, or bolts that are stuck it is great for penetrating oil as well.
  7. Prophet1990

ok

alright thank you both very much Ill give them both a try in the next day or so and see if this helps
  8. rotaryenginepete

rotaryenginepete Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

9. 97chevz71

97chevz71 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyfjWhtmS2E&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Adam's Polishes Video Vol. 6 - Chapter 03[/ame]
  10. 97chevz71

97chevz71 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQnwn5SBsmc&feature=channel"]YouTube- Adam's Polishes Video Vol. 6 - Chapter 06[/ame]