Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Engine Exchange

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by quadsteer, Oct 13, 2013.

1. quadsteer

quadsteer New Member

I want to exchange my 6.0 for a 6.2 engine in my 1500hd quadsteer what else will I need

2. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

You will need money and the conviction to do it!

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

In my opinion it is a waste of money for 40 or so more HP. (depending on which 6.0L you currently have, You would need a new computer and wiring. the 6.2L is special as the system adjusts both intake and exhaust timing between two settings. Your PCM can't handle that. Just do upgrades to your motor, Cam, port and polish, maybe heads, exhaust, intake, tune. You would probably get your 40 hp much cheaper than the engine swap.
    I just searched around the web, the motor is around $6,500 plus the $1000 for the controller. You would probably need a new flex plate and motor mounts. I don't know if your current fuel pump would have enough output. I would assume that when you were done with it you would be in it for well over $8000. If I had that kind of money to spend on a motor I may look at the LS9 6.2l supercharges motor, 638hp. But it is $22,000

Here are a few of the 6.0L RPO codes and the HP they produce,
    LQ4= 300-325hp
    LQ9= 345 hp
    L76= 367hp
    LFA= 332hp

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's a big job. Where are you getting the donor engine from?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk