1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

engine light?aircare

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by mcglynn_m@yahoo.ca, Jan 18, 2011.

1. mcglynn_m@yahoo.ca

mcglynn_m@yahoo.ca New Member

Good Morning Everyone, I have a project truck `96 chevy 2500, 5 liter ,which I just got running<I bought it as a basket with a burnt out 4l60e ,bad exaust ,rad , master cylinder, brakes,starter,alt,battery,ujoints,plugs and wires ,cap , rotor ,all hoses and belts ,everything has been replaced, Now is it common for the timing chain to have 10-15 degrees play? had to put 3 months insurance on it because of engine light in dash board and they wont even take it in (goverment air-care testing) ,need to fix this so I can go back on monthly payment plan for insurance purposes. Any one know or do I just replace timing chain..moved dist. 3 teeth and still the same , no missing cylinders , (seems that the computer resets to default sometimes when starting, too far advanced)most of the time it starts normally , but engine dash light won`t go out
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  2. BIGREDDADDY53

BIGREDDADDY53 Rockstar 100 Posts