1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Engine miss at low RPM, please help...

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Averitt, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Averitt

Averitt New Member

My 2005 4.8 automatic with 102,000 miles has developed a miss or "skip" whenever I'm lugging around trying to save fuel. Most noticeable around 1500 rpm's when I'm in OD and the torque converter is lockout out. Apply more pedal and it stops. We hooked a computer to it and it showed cylinder 2,3,4,5,6,&7 randomly misfiring. I'm thinking new plugs, not sure if they have ever been touched, might add wires while I'm at it. Any comments or suggestions? No engine light and no faults are shown.
  2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts

I would start with a tune up(plugs and wires), also you can check for a vacuum leak around the intake plenum gaskets. I would recommend using delco plugs
  3. Averitt

Averitt New Member

Well, I lost my tranny on the way home, and weirdly it seems to not miss now after I had it rebuilt. Could this possibly be related?
  4. dipstick

dipstick New Member

Could of been torque lock up ..in ..out felt like a miss.
    Sure was a quick rebuild ?
  5. Averitt

Averitt New Member

Would that send misfire reports to a scanner? Yes it was quick, dropped off Thursday am, picked up Friday pm, caught the shop at the right time.