1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

engine oil cooler lines

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Graytop, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Graytop

Graytop New Member

I am replacing the engine oil cooler lines on a 99 GMC Sierra K2500 with a 6.0 Vortec engine. The replacements that are offered by NAPA and Oreilley are about a foot longer, both lines, than the original on the end that connects to the radiator (the aluminum tubing section). The end with the block seems to be compatible, but not identical to the original.
    Is it possible to install this longer version of the oil cooler lines without modification? Is there a replacement identical to the original available? Help and suggestions will be appreciated.
    Graytop
  2. retired

retired New Member

Don't know? how much more are they at the dealer.
  3. Graytop

Graytop New Member

I have 2 quotes on the lines (parts only). One is for $123, the other is $144 and they would take at least a week to get them.
  4. JMoney02

JMoney02 New Member

Usually/rarely do they stock them, hence the week wait, coming from factory. Sometimes with items of this nature for the liitle more of the cost are better bought at the dealer as they are OEM replacemnet, not variety replacement. Do you have the lines out already? If so, is this your daily driver or can it wait for the dealer to get the lines?

Jeff
  5. Graytop

Graytop New Member

I learned that the GM replacement lines requires changing the fan shroud and drilling holes for my model truck. Being impatient and thrifty, I decided to make modifications to the parts store lines. The result is satisfactory, in my opinion. I posted the method I used on the write-ups on this web site. Thanks for your replys.