Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Engine Question

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by Minnesota Mudder, Mar 22, 2010.

1. I'm only at 78000 miles on my 2004 s10 but when the time comes I want to put a V8 in it. The question is can i put a V8 engine in a V6 truck, or should i just look for a V6?
  2. Gambit

Gambit Rockstar 100 Posts

You can put a V8 in it. People do it all the time. But it isnt as simple as just swapping in a new motor. And since you asked that question i am pretty sure you wouldnt be doing it yourself. It would cost a pretty penny to have it done at a shop.
  3. My bother would be the one doing it he has all the right tools. I just need to now if a V8 would work. That brings me to my next question. What would be a good V8 engine to get? I don't now a whole lot about engines so any help is welcome.
  4. jplyler

jplyler New Member

i would get a 350 for a couple reason there a dime a dozen you can mod them however you want and there is plenty of parts available its a very very common engine and very dependable
  5. Gambit

Not only is the 350 a common engine but it is the most used in a v8 swap for an S10. You can even find kits that give you all the necessary things to complete the swap i.e. radiator, slim fans. motor mounts etc. Go with a card and you wont even have to worry about a new ECU.
  6. wis bang

wis bang Rockstar 100 Posts

Google JTR.com [Jags that run] they sell a manual about installing a 350 into S-10's and S10extreamist.com is a site w/ a bunch of guys who did so...
  7. R6Hauler

R6Hauler New Member

A card????
  8. Gambit

Yeah that was suppose to say carb. oops.
  9. R6Hauler

R6Hauler New Member

Ooooh okay...
  10. BadBurban98

BadBurban98 Rockstar

I know totally different truck, I put a 350 in my 88 toyota pick up 4wd and 2wd, (suckers fly now man lol). But anyways they sell kits for these swaps that include everything they're about $1,200-$2,000 depending what you get, it gives you the bolt on moded motor mounts they throw in a adapter bell housing and and if manual a clutch kit i did the lt1 engine in my 2wd and a regualar carb 350 in my 4wd. i took a while but they hauled ass when it was done.