1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Engine stalls after water crossing

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Geister, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Geister

Geister Rockstar

So this has happened to me a few times while offroading where Ill fly through some pretty deep water and after I make it through my engine stalls. But then I just turn my key back to off, and start it up again and its rocky at first but then its fine. The waters messing with something and IM guessing its most likely one of my breather lines but dont know which one would cause the stall. My trans maybe? Im looking to extend them asap. Anyway any input is appreciated! -Geister

- - - Updated - - -

I guess its also possible I got my plugs or wires wet if it splashed up that far but it was only a little over a food deep
  2. 02_SierraZ71

02_SierraZ71 New Member

If your engine sucked it in and depending how much you may have hydrolocked it or bent a rod while tring to turn it over because water does not combust in the cylinders