1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

engine stumbles

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Randaroo, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Randaroo

Randaroo New Member

hello all
    k1500 4x4 with the v6, 1998
    starts and idles fine slow speed around the farm and out to the road is all good, accelerates to about 30mph then when i take my foot out of the peddle to cruise into town the engine/transmission stumbles or shunts.
    Its in gear and the miss/stumble is just anoying but could it be some thing developing?
    Oh ya, it accelerates just fine its only when i let off the accelerator.
    Any clues would be apreciated.
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Miles on it? when was the last time a tune up was done?? is the check engine light on? (if so get the codes pulled that will help)
  3. Revredneck

Revredneck New Member

If the problem only appears when you let off the gas, I'd be looking for slack in the driveline, maybe a bad u-joint or something worn in the rear end gears. YOu might also want to disconnect and plug the vacuum line to the EGR valve and see what it does. Does it accelerate normally? Have you checked out the ignition (wires, cap & rotor, plugs)?
    Good Luck and God Bless
  4. judsteele

judsteele New Member

ya know my 02 silverado 4.3 kinda does the same thing going down the road its fine and then ya tlet off the gas and it searches kinda in and out of gear, i know i have 100,000 on it! now ive replaced the rear ujoint,replaced the rear diff fluid,the trans mounts maybe? but i have not changed the trans filter or fluid should do that next!!!!