1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Engine swap on my 95 chevy

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 95silverado, Apr 6, 2009.

1. 95silverado

95silverado New Member

I have a 95 chevy silverado 1500 with a 350 small block and a turbo 400. I want to swap the engine out for a 502 big block and a new turbo 400 transmition. I need to know what this will run me . I also dont know if the engine will bolt right in without any mount changes.
  2. azdrtdog

azdrtdog Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

First i will ask how the 400 got in yor truck a 4l60-e should be stock. Second all ask if the factory EFI is still being used i live in phx and we really have to be careful with performance swaps do 2 emissions. i can tell u that the stock efi wont feed a 502 correctly if at all.Good news though that motor will bolt right in like a glove chevy used the same bellhousing to motor mount measurements forever so the trans will stay where its at nowas for cost the sky is the limit and swap meets are a godsend keep yor eyes open and u can do that swap for a few hundred (minus the complete motor an trans) bigger rad. headers.large carb(not emission legal most states) some hoses, throttle cable and you should be good